Thursday 9 February 2012

IELTS Speaking -- Part One


Part 1: Name
Could I see your identification card?
What’s your full name?
What can I call you?
What’s the meaning of your Chinese name?
What’s your surname (last name, family name)?
What’s your given name (first name)?
Have you ever changed your name? Why or why not?
Do Chinese people like changing their names? Why or why not?
What kind of people like changing their names in China?
What’s their purpose in changing their names?

Example: 

Interviewer: What’s your full name?
Candidate: My name is Wang Qiu.
Interviewer: What can I call you?
Candidate: My English name is Sarah.
Interviewer: What’s the meaning of your Chinese name?
Candidate: My name was given by my parents. I was born in autumn and my father named me after the season.
Interviewer: What’s your surname (last name, family name)?
Candidate: Wang is my last name.
Interviewer: What’s your given name (first name)?
Candidate: Qiu is my first name.
        Interviewer: Have you ever changed your name? Why or why not?
Candidate: No, never. My name sounds ok, and there is no need for me to change it. Besides, it is too  complicated to change a name in China. We have to go to the police station and change all our relevant documents.
Interviewer: Do Chinese people like changing their names? Why or why not?
Candidate: I guess not. According to us, our names are from our family tree or given by fortune-tellers. Our names can bring them good luck.
Interviewer: What kind of people like changing their names in China? Why?
Candidate: I guess some famous stars prefer to change their names because they believe that their new names are easy to be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment