Thursday 9 February 2012

IELTS Speaking --- Family Celebration


Family Celebrations
What family celebrations do you have in your country?
What happens at these celebrations?
Some people hold family gatherings once a year where many extended family members get together. Do you think that's a good idea?

Example:
One of the happiest events in my life was when my family and I went to the Aquarium in Dalian. It is the biggest and most spectacular aquarium in Asia.
I was nine at the time and had had a very bad summer holiday that year, since I had to stay home for most of the break because I broke my leg. My Mom and Dad did not tell me about the trip until week before we left. When they first told me I did not believe them, but they finally convinced me that we were really going. The day before we left I could hardly sleep because I was so excited. We had done a lot of packing and preparing, but I still did not feel sleepy. Eventually when I did drift off, I had a dream about riding a dolphin. It took us about ten hours by train to get to Dalian. When we got there we got settled in our hotel and then had dinner.
The next day we got up very early and headed for the Aquarium. We saw so many different kinds of beautiful fish, exciting shows, and listened to interesting stories from the tour guides. My favourite was the dolphin show. The entertainers rode on the dolphin's backs, and one entertainer even got flipped high into the air from a dolphin's nose. I love my parents so much for giving me such a special opportunity and memories that I will cherish all of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment